Monday, May 12, 2008

Stages of Life

I have been hit this week with how we are entering a new stage of life. The no-babies stage. Yes, Nicole is still only 27 months old, but she can no longer be considered a baby. I guess this realization hit for several things that I've just noticed.

1. She can completely dress herself now--and wont let you help her do it. From panties to socks, pants to shirts she wants to pick them out and put them on all by herself. She's pretty good at it too.

2. I just noticed this week- I don't "have" to be playing with her at all times anymore. Just Saturday evening she and her brothers went out in the backyard to play and were out there on their own having a great time for over an hour (yes, I was diligently watching out the window thinking I'd be needed, but I never was). She's reached that stage where siblings and even just herself are enough to keep her entertained for awhile and she doesn't need constant supervision in sheltered areas.

OK, these are only 2 areas, but we are seeing it all over I just want to bore you with more details.

Yes, she'll always be my baby no matter how old she gets, but we have entered a new stage. Whenever the boys reached this stage we had already had another baby. Since she's out last it seems so much more momentous that she's reached it. While it is a bit sad to think no more babies, it is very liberating and encouraging too that different stages of life will be reached. Some before we want them too, but that life will never be a constant. Whatever trials we face today will go away to be replaced by new ones, but at least they'll vary. 80)

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Wow...thanks for writing this! Makes me reconsider whether or not I really want just one more! :)