Sunday, May 18, 2008

Ramblings of a mad woman. . .

My mind is filled this weekend with so many different thoughts that I am finding it hard to focus on any one thing. . . my mind keeps jumping. So here are my ramblings . . .
We spent yesterday afternoon/evening at a lovely farm for a friend's surprise 40th birthday party. She was amazingly surprised, tears and all when she arrived. The weather was nice and sunny with a nice breeze to keep it pleasantly cool. But as you all know I am not one much for large group social events, especially when I don't know many people there. Regardless we had an excellent time. The kids had a blast- I forgot how much fun kids could have on a farm, checking out tractors, chasing cats in the barn, climbing on "monster" tires, and just being kids. I think my favorite time was spent just watching them climb, run, and play. Even on the drive down to the farm the kids were constantly pointing out every sheep, goat, horse, and cow we saw along the way, oh and of course since we live in a heavily Amish area--the buggies being pulled by horses, and the plows being pulled by horses instead of tractors. It turns out we did know a couple of people at the party, ones we hadn't seen in awhile so had a nice relaxing chat with them catching up. Just very pleasant. . . .
In passing the Amish farms I found myself wondering if I shouldn't become Amish. It sure seems like all my financial stress may disappear if I did. Of course then I really would be doing laundry 24/7 instead of just feeling like I that's what I do now while I have a washing machine and dryer. . . .
I found myself getting teary eyed on my way through Walmart Friday evening. I had put off grocery shopping until David's pay day so was stuck at Walmart on a Friday night (not a smart move if you can avoid it as everyone seems to appear there on a friday night and the trip is even more frustrating than a trip to Walmart usually is. Anyway, I had a strict budget for groceries as the paycheck (based on a percentage of collections at the clinic) wasn't what we needed it to be. I knew I was going to be pushing that budget, and yet my list wasn't finished yet. We've been here before it's nothing new as we work our way through paying off debt and trying to buy-in to the partnership, but it just hit me how tired of it I am. Now I can't complain--we truelly have more than we deserve and we've never gone without. We have it so much better than so many people. But that doesn't change the fact that I am tired of this, I hate having to think and double check prices before buying groceries, and to put off replacing holey socks because we don't have the money until we get paid again. I keep wondering if it is time for me to go back to work--but I know with my limited skills (ie I'm a teacher) what I could possibly earn would basically just cover daycare costs for the kids. I'm still waiting for that excellent paying dream job I can do from home, any ideas? . . .
We are headed out this afternoon for a relaxing time of going to open houses for the "parade of homes' here. No we aren't looking to move, we just love seeing what the trends are, etc. I have no desire to move right now, I'm finally starting to feel settled, I just find it relaxing and fun to go browse, plus it's free . . .
The military junta government in Myunmar, could it get any worse? How can they even begin to claim that the relief effort is over and that they are ready to start rebuilding? My heart breaks for those people (and make sme realize how wonderful we have it, and how thankful I should be). . .
Have you ever wondered about adopting? No, I don't need another child. I know I couldn't handle it physically or financially, but I've always wondered about it. . .
Oops, It's time to go out with the kids, hope you are all having a great day!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

*LOL* Wow, your title was so appropriate! :) No, I've never considered adopting. Yes, the Myunamar situation is awful. I'm sorry for the financial struggles. It's a tough world to raise a family in these days, I feel your pain! But God is in control so try to leave those worries with Him. That's easier said then done, I know!