Monday, April 14, 2008

Art



While mom was visiting we decided to make an attempt at art. I've been wanting/needing some sort of art for my living room since we moved in and just haven't been able to afford anything that I liked. So since I knew the colors I wanted and had seen something that I liked the idea of we decided to try our hand at creating our own pieces of art.

It was a comedy of errors at times, as we tried things, changed ideas, and tried things again. We had a lot of laughter as we worked.

We actually did 2 pieces, and surprise of all surprises, I'm really happy with them!
The tree one is the larger of the 2 (30x40) and the cherry blossoms branch is a smaller one. The border is actually pretty red (hard to tell true color in the pics) with a gold leaf background. Semi-transparent glazes were layers for the tree and branch effects. They look great in the living room.

Anyway I just had to share them. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Wow! I am impressed!