Thursday, December 11, 2008

I never knew. . .

Monday was Colten's 5th birthday. I can't believe that he is that old. I had planned to write about him on that day, but life has been crazy this week. Then I remembered that I missed writing about Jaden on his birthday too as it was the day before we left for Washington. Hopefully one of these days I can catch up and write more about each of my wonderful boys.
I have the tradition of making the birthday cake of "their" choice for my kid's birthdays. It's just kind of my gift to them. The first couple of years I would go out and find the perfect wilton cake pan to create the cake, but then I got cheap and perhaps a little more creative and started recycling the pans into new cakes. Probably the cake pan that I originally thought had the least potential was a Bob the Builder pan that I got for Jaden's 3rd birthday-but I have now used it 3 times(as Bob, a mummy, and Luke Skywalker) and Joshua doesn't mind so much anymore that I purchased it years ago (although he really complained at the time). So I thought I'd share my cake creations from the Bob pan. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Okay, those cakes are awesome! They look so professional! When you come to visit me (hint hint) you can teach me. :) Happy birthday to Colten!